You Can Do
INTRODUCTION | EMAIL
||Your efforts can make the difference in the lives
of hundreds of people.
Please get involved in the way that most suits you.
CONCERNED PEOPLE CAN HELP BY:
- Give money directly to the Ethiopian
Jews. Any size contribution will help. For $110 you can support
a child for a year. For $15,000 you can donate an emergency food shipment.
Support the Ethiopian Jewish schools by dedicating a classroom or
Please send checks payable to SSEJ to:
459 Columbus Avenue
NY, NY 10024
- Americans should call your local federation and demand an
explanation AND call the national Federation (212) 284-6500.
Email them at email@example.com.
- Email Jewish leaders and
tell them that this is an important issue.
- Contact Joint (JDC) board members and inform them of the situation.
The Joint's number is (212) 687-6200 ask to speak with Steve Schwager,
The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Form a local chapter of SSEJ by contacting us at email@example.com.
- If you can you should plan to visit the community in Ethiopia
(the flight is about $1100 plus or minus $100 from Washington, DC
or New York and around $700 non-stop from Israel. Ethiopian Airlines
has two flights a week from all three destinations). From Israel the
airfare is about NIS 2800 by Ethiopian Airlines, which flies direct
twice a week.
- North Americans should call the Israeli Embassy (202) 364-5500
and demand an explanation. Use any contacts you have to encourage
the government of Israel to rescue this community, and provide aid
until the community can be rescued.